Monday, October 15, 2012

64-year-old Butler woman accidentally set herself on fire

A 64-year-old Butler woman was airlifted to St. Barnabas Burn Center late Saturday afternoon after accidentally setting herself on fire while lighting a cigarette, according to Capt. Ciro Chimento.
Butler Police officers responded to 110 Main St. shortly before 4:30 p.m., when they found the woman with severe burn wounds to her face, forehead and neck, Chimento said.
While lighting a cigarette, the woman had accidentally set her hair on fire, Chimento said, which is how the burns occured. The woman was conscious, but in distress, Chimento said.
It wasn't immediately clear which degree the burn wounds were, but Chimento called them "severe."
Butler Fire Chief Jim Neill confirmed that a helicopter had transported the patient on Saturday afternoon.
Source : Triboro


I'm listed in Entertainment